This Blog features Melanic Tees & articles, Melanic spotlights & conversationals.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Wake me up when it's all over


I heard a song on the radio, "Wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older". I loved the lyrics and thought this song or video has to represent something.

I looked it up. Aviccii came up, a white guy. I knew something wasn't right. I knew this voice I heard on the radio was someone not white singing it. Apparently, the song belongs to Aloe Blacc but performed by Aviccii, have no clue why. (Made me think of the history with black music & whites performing it).

Clip from Aloe Blacc Wake Me UP

End of clip Aloe Blacc

Anyway, I found Aloe video & was amazed. I was proud for what the video represented, the lyrics,"Guided by a beating heart, I can't tell where the journey will end"... This touch a spot. I am glad to see an Artist really using their craft to create music with dignity & purpose for a cause instead of just entertaining.



This reminded me of millions of immigrants who migrate mainly to the US, because most likely, as a result of their own country facing a war or economic setback. It reminded me of the child they leave behind and put into locations around people who look like the arresting officers who deported their very own people.
It also reminded me of these illegal detention camps. Yes, maybe legal  to the system but morally wrong. 

..Wake me up becos I must be dreaming. I thought America was a land they also came to freed from..

Watch Aloe Black Wake Me Up Video here
#Tuesdaymuse

No comments:

Post a Comment